Why to choose Aconcagua Trekking?
- You can tour camp "Confluencia," which is located at 3,400 m.a.s.l, passages of many expeditions that seek to conquer the summit.
- You will be in front of the highest peak in America and you will obtain privileged views.
- Experience walking at high altitudes between camps immersed in the Andes Mountain Range.
- Know the flora and fauna of the Aconcagua Provincial Park.
- Know the anteroom of the expeditions, to be able to experience its logistics and preparation to reach the summit of the "Colossus of America."
- Listen to stories of life in the mountain by people and guides that have reached great feats when climbing the highest peak of America.
We know that entering the Andes Mountain Range, knowing the stories of it, and walking the trails of the Aconcagua (the highest pick in America) is not an everyday activity. It is a unique experience and that is why we want you to have the best experience: with us. Our tour "Aconcagua Trekking" was designed for those who do not settle with only a short visit to the Aconcagua Provincial Park. We will give you the possibility of approaching the mountain like you have never done before; you will walk along the same paths that the expeditions run, experience walking at high altitudes, and know the camp "Confuencia" that is at 3,400 m.a.s.l. This camp is a necessary step for those expeditions that continue towards the summit or towards Plaza de Mulas (4,200 m.a.s.l). Here, you must stay one or two nights to acclimatize and accustom to the height.
On the day of your departure, the guide will start the pick up at 7:00 a.m., picking up each passenger at their respective hotels, then heading Southwest towards the mountain, passing the famous National Route N ° 7. This road connects Mendoza with our neighboring country Chile, which will surprise you with its unforgettable landscapes from the pre-mountain range with a height of between 4,000 and 5,000 meters. Later, we will encounter the Aconcagua peak, which is located at 6,962 m.a.s.l. You will be able to observe the changes of vegetation and the passage of the winds by the mountains and hills.
Along the route, we will pass through tunnels and bridges, which were built for the old railway that will accompany us along the way. After 3 hours of traveling, we will arrive at the Rangers office, where we will process our trekking permits for the day.
Around noon time, we will begin our trekking journey to Confluencia, where we will pass through Horcones Lagoon (2950 m.a.s.l). In addition, we will pass through another lagoon and vegas that characterizes this first part of the walk. After about an hour of walking, we will come across the Hanging Bridge on the Horcones River. We will continue the trekking through the "Quebrada del Durazno." Here, we will have several stops to rest and admire the landscape. You will be given a box lunch to recharge your energy. After about 4 hours we will arrive at the first camp of the normal route called "Confluencia" at 3,400 m.a.s.l. We will be stoping for lunch at some point at the camp and we will walk through it to show you the companies that work there. A unique possibility to experience and see the expeditions that follow their course to Plaza de Mulas.
Having recharged your energy, we will undertake the return to Horcones, arriving at the same one after about 3 hours, to return to Mendoza.
Temperatures are very different during the day and night. At night, the temperature can reach about 0 º C, while the day temperature can be between 20 ° C and 30 º C. This means that there is a lot of thermal amplitude and in addition, it is important to take into account that in Aconcagua, there can be a lot of wind, which causes the temperature to fall. It is always necessary to wear a coat, like "layers of onions" so that you can take them of as the temperature rises. On the other hand, it is possible that in certain seasons, there can be storms where it can snow. This happens mainly in the months of November, December and in March. In the winter, the Aconcagua Provincial Park is closed, so the trekking will not take place until the next season.
- Small backpack to carry personal items.
- Sun cap with visor
- Sunscreen (minimum SPF 30)
- Buff (neck, ear and head protector)
- Trekking shoes
- Long or short trekking pants
- Long or short sleeve t-shirt
- Windbreaker Camper
- Hand Gloves
- Water bottle of 1 liter or more
- Transfer to the park from Mendoza round trip.
- Trekking guide that will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Box lunch.
- Park permit for the Aconcagua trekking.
|Trekking Schedule for Season 2016/2017 – Aconcagua Trekking – 1 Day|
|Tuesday, Friday and Sunday||From November 15th to March 27th||AR $2500|
|Private Tour: everyday||From November 15th to March 27th||Consult|